abstract road

Contest Your Conviction With A Qualified Criminal Appeals Lawyer

Contest Your Conviction With A Qualified Criminal Appeals Lawyer

Posted By Parks & Braxton, PA || 4-Nov-2015

The gavel came down against you in your criminal case, and you were convicted of a crime. Had you been responsible for the charges brought against you, then that might have been the end of the story. However, if you disagree with the conviction, and you feel that the judge was wrong in their ruling there are options available to you. It is not uncommon for innocent criminal defendants to receive unfair sentences, causing much duress and fallout in their personal and professional lives. If you are looking to contest your conviction, then you will want to enlist the service of a well-qualified criminal appeals lawyer, such as those available 24-7 in Miami at Parks & Braxton PA.

Wrongful convictions are often the result of mistakes that might have been made during your criminal defense process. A criminal appeals lawyer can help you reverse the verdict in these instances by seeking a Florida state or federal criminal appeal. All too often, we see the hopelessness of people broken down by the complexity of the legal system. They are willing to accept defeat in light of their innocence because they feel that the decision has been made, and there is no going back. This is precisely the time when they can contest their convictions, but they don’t know it, and they move forward with the punishment. If you, or someone you know, have been convicted, do not hesitate to get a criminal appeals lawyer on your case and be ready to fight for justice by presenting your case in an appeals court.

The criminal appeal process involves the review of the lower court decision by a higher court. The higher court will determine, based on the quality of the appeals presentation, whether or not the lower court, in fact, made an error regarding the interpretation and application of the law. It is the defendant’s right to appeal for further review. It is the responsibility of the criminal appeals lawyer to present the clearest case as to why the lower court decision was erred.

Contact Parks & Braxton today at (888) 460-7383, for a free case evaluation, and find out how you can appeal your criminal conviction and defend your rights!

Categories: Appeals