Driving With a Suspended License
Miami Traffic Ticket Attorney
When your license gets suspended, it can pose many problems. You may be
unable to get to work, or you may simply end up missing social functions
due to your inability to drive. These reasons can make it tempting to
drive with a suspended license, but Florida takes such offenses very seriously.
If you were accused of driving with a suspended license, it is important
that you contact a Miami traffic ticket attorney. Without the counsel
of someone with experience fighting these matters, you may receive extensive
legal penalties. Before your case proceeds any further, obtain counsel
from Parks & Braxton, PA!
Penalties for Driving with a Suspended License in Florida
The penalties you may be facing are dependent on the cause for your initial
license suspension. The more serious your reason for suspension, the more
serious your charges are likely to be.
A license can be suspended for the following reasons:
- Manslaughter while driving
- Vehicle-committed felonies
- Three convictions for reckless driving in a 12 month period
- Being involved in a hit-and-run accident
- Repeat offender of certain traffic laws
- Driving while intoxicated
Based on these reasons, the court will determine your penalties for driving
with a suspended license. It is important to note that in order to drive
again in the state of Florida, a reinstatement application must be submitted
prior to your period of suspension.
Driving before doing so is illegal and penalties may be incurred, such as:
- Maximum fine of $500 and a maximum of 60 days in jail for a first offense
- Maximum fine of $1,000 and a maximum of 1 year in jail for a second offense
- Maximum fine of $5,000 or a maximum of 5 years in prison for a third offense
How can I fight my charges?
Hiring an experienced attorney for driving with a suspended license may
be in your best interest. Not having the proper legal defense could result
in serious charges that will affect your future. At Parks & Braxton,
PA, we make you our first priority and offer 24/7 availability.
Fight your suspended license charges by calling a Miami traffic ticket